There are no products in your shopping cart.
February 2, 2016 | An interview with Erik Kallo, Tenor Vocalist
Vancouver, BC—Presenting a conversation with Erik Kallo, who is a tenor vocalist with musica intima.
Name: Erik Kallo
Vocal category: Tenor/Baritone/CounterTenor
Year you joined musica intima: 2015
1. How did you begin singing?
I started singing at a very young age as part of choirs throughout my elementary and high school years.
2. Which artist are you listening to right now?
The one artist I listen to a lot nowadays is Sam Smith.
3. What’s something you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I like to cook and play video games.
4. When did Vancouver become home?
I moved from Hungary to Canada when I was very young so Vancouver has been my home for most my life.
5. Tell us about your family.
My family is awesome and I love them very much. They have been such supporters of my career – and my Mom is my number one fan.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be – and why?
Hawaii. I’ve been there once and the water is amazing!
7. If you could have dinner with any well-known figure (past or present), who would it be and why?
J.S. Bach. I’m obsessed with his Cantatas’ and would have loved to be there while he was writing them.
8. Tell us something about you that will surprise us.
I like to sing Alto all the time!
About musica intima
Nominated for three JUNO awards, the Vancouver-based conductorless vocal ensemble has released seven commercial recordings. musica intima’s album clear (1999) was named one of the 30 best Canadian classical recordings ever by CBC. The ensemble’s album into light (2010) received a 10-star review in BBC Music Magazine. The ensemble's latest release is its first-ever collaboration album: Thirst (2015).
Communications Manager | musica intima